Saturday, October 02, 2010

the moment is now!

so many great things have come my way, its unreal!
(well, enough to make me forget the bad at least!!)

soooo since January, I've....
* aged 1 year; not grown an inch taller :(
* been to Bangkok and Singapore in April
* been on a roadtrip North with Casey, & my sister & cousin who visited from Singapore, stopping at Dongra, Kalbari, Coral Bay, Exmouth, Dampier. won 100Euros from a Irish backpacker for skulling half a 2L bottle of CC & coke.
* been actively playing touch rugby with a mixed team in a local league over the Winter Comp, and now in the Summer Comp playing women's and mixed!
* got a team of touchy girls together and put through a team for Uni Games which we just competed in and gotten a 'spork' :) what a great bunch of awesome fun on and off the field!

* discovered an awesome Cantonese restaurant in town that serves the BEST roast duck!! mmmmmmm!! even better that its cheap!
* had my first st patricks' day celebration down the road from home at Rosie's. went with my garden gnome which i painted to look like a lapricorn!
* met more great people!!

and my failing memory has dissapointed me, again!
that, and the convenience of facebook and photo tags here and there!

but i've recently been back to Singapore for work for a week.
what an awesome opportunity!
I got to work as an artist manager/ liaison to various acts that perfomed at 'Avalon at Large - GO!', and even the opportunity to stay in Marina Bay Sands Hotel (which was godawesome!)

I could go on hyperventilating and rambling, but pictures speak a thousand words...




I managed to catch up with my poly touch rugby team mates over a lovely sushi buffet dinner, followed by a long night of dancing that left me with toe blisters (the bloody kind!)

Marina Bay Sands hotel in Singapore. The rooms and views, and the infinity pool on the 55th story overlooking the city skyline of Singapore. (thumbs up)

Santigold trying Singapore Chill Crab at East Coast Beach, and loving it I might add. In picture with Santi backstage after her set. They're so awesome, on and off stage! I say Brooklyn we go hard!!

Rocking backstage to Empire of the Sun, and hanging with Dj Ono and Dandee from Bangkok Invaders

Backstage grooving to Make the Girl Dance, from France!! Their set was SOOOO good!!

With Chingy who made a surprise appearance and surprise set. I initially mistook him for part of Flo-Rida's crew in the hotel lobby, DOH! Also with Sir Richard Brenson in the flesh!

More dancing to Above & Beyond backstage.

Being treated to the F1 qualifying race the next day was really nice. Good time to unwind after a crazy work week.

Singapore has really changed so quickly to the point where I felt like a tourist myself. Looking onto the night skyline of Singapore, I cannot help but be reminded and proud that home is where the heart is (as well as all the good food and people I love). It still amazes me how far Singapore has progressed, almost like a city that never sleeps! Really glad for this opportunity, met really wonderful and talented people, but most of all, I got to go home and spend a weekend with my mum and sisters (over great big yummy meals of corse!!)

so right about now, it just makes me a really happy chicky.
and optimistic for many great things to come!
(gosh I'm vain!!)

No comments: