Thursday, July 12, 2012

30 Day Detox Challenge : A week and so in

So its been a week or so into my "detox".

Ok, I have not been good. Lets say its no longer dry July and the holidays got the better of me. Nothing over the top though, just quiet glasses of wines here and there. Also anticipating a big housewarming party this weekend roadtripping away with the dogs, and also next weekend where I celebrate an awesome landmark in my life looking back on the things and people I have standing behind me. I have alot to be appreciative and thankful for!

But anyway, so being naughty with my no drinking. FAIL. And I have not made concious meal decisions though, I mean who doesn't eat on their holidays! plus food is one of my biggest passions - both the cook and more importantly the indulgent bit called EATING! :) I have swapped meals for smaller healthier options when it counts, especially when I am eating in. "Especially" probably isnt the best use of the word, because it would sound like I made a special effort. Not good.

Given that though, after this week and so since I embarked on this, I am down to weighing 56.5KG, which is 0.9kg less then when I started. Could I do better, possibly. With the way I am going and my own rules that I am breaking it doesnt really "count" for me.

I still have halfway to go towards the end of the month. Drinking - im going to keep it to only on one day of the weekend (influence of the social calender my friend!!). Eating - let's do 2 fruit 5 veg, and crack on to more wintery warming soup and the raw stuff aie!!

August will be a pretty busy month. I will give myself a week to reasses if I am mentally prepared to accept and stick to it! I havnt done very well this time around, not even disappointed actually. Its hard doing something when you don't have your mind in it.

Time to add some brain food in the mix young lady!! :)

No comments: